Wednesday, July 27, 2016

a visit to the magical island of Crete. travel photography

a decision to utilise the cameras I have and to travel light I opted for the Canon 5d MK2
+50 mm lens.

It's the basic set up. We used to have only 50mm lenses with our nikon/canon film cameras. So it sort of a TBT.
I often say it's the only lens you really need. If you want landscape - you go far, if you want a portrait - you come closer.
Simple.

Also - you have no noticeable lens distortion, it's very clear and silent.


 I loved visiting Crete for the third time.
Every time I discover something a bit different .
Beaches, landscapes, sunsets, ancient ruins, old villages, old people
Olive oil, clear water in the sea.

The light, the light in the morning and in the evening is simply magical .














 ©all images Ami Siano

No comments: