Friday, April 25, 2014

Changing of Idée fixe

A while ago, I was on a path with some, what I thought, where fixed ideas. Things had to be done in a specific way or not at all.
But life is a continues lesson, and some dogmas are better left behind.
I was convinced that an artist/photographer must have his own studio, his top of the line gear, the newest, the best and that he must concentrate on doing a narrow line of work in order to be noticed.

Well a lot has changed.
I have broaden my spectrum, my areas of work are now diverse and I think it only makes each field of photography I deal with, more interesting, more influenced by my other fields of interest.

I have, after many years, abandoned the notion of a confined  space to work in/from and now enjoy traveling to locations and clients, shooting in changing conditions etc.

Do I really have to separate my "art"  from my "commercial work" ?

I chose to do more. More of art, different fields of photography,
Use different gear and not insist on a specific.

I now enjoy cellphone camera for its instant upload and "always there" feature, enjoy my Dslr for its quality, low light sensitivity etc. and sometimes I manage to squeeze a few frames from my old medium format film camera.

Nothing is set in stone. Its all change, there is no "right path", just the road you're Currently  on. 












No comments: