Sunday, June 16, 2013

on the road



how do you recharge ?
you get out of your comfort zone, and it does't get much further than india.
I'm at the beginning of the trip so it's still adjusting time, but sofar, it is really intense.

the noisy and polluted delhi, the dirty road to dharamsala, clushes of colors and coultures.


Gear:
I thought a lot and consulted a few fellow photographers as to what to take, some sugested a pocket camera, originially I wanted to take my old 6by6 mamiya, but it would be to combersome.

I decided on a basic  DSLR gear with 2 fixed lens and a flash.
it's somwhat heavy but it does give me options.

camera: 5D (MK1)
glas: nikkor 50mm 1.8 (manual focus)
          samyang 24 mm (manual focus)

so I do get to work in somewhat slow manner , less snapshot more composed,
\which proved to be somewhat hard to achieve in delhi's "main bazar".

haven't gotten my "killer shot" yet, butthe journey has only just begun....






No comments: